Thursday 2 May 2013

So Much for May's Goals!

Well, I already missed one day.  That makes me 0 for 1.  Well, if you count right now I am 1 for 2.  That sounds better, right??

But in the spirit of Tuesday's post, I am going to keep persevering.  I remembered last night as I was already in bed and I looked at my phone and saw that it was 12:01 AM (I know, I know, I need to go to bed earlier) and thought "why bother getting out of bed, it is technically already tomorrow"!  But today is a new day.

One of my goals for this summer is to rock a bikini at our family reunion/trip to the Okanagan this summer.  We are going at the end of July.  That gives me 3 months to tone up, tighten up and maybe lose some extra body fat.

I lost all of the baby weight by the time I left the hospital.  I know that sounds crazy but it's true.  I only gained 15 pounds and they were gone super fast.  Well, T weighed 8 lbs even so that was a big chunk right there.  By about 6 weeks postpartum, I was 15 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.  I have now leveled out about 12 lbs below but everything feels different.  My waist is thicker than it used to be, my lower belly pooches out some and everything feels looser and... jigglier?  Not very attractive.  My husband keeps telling me that I look great except for the extra weight around the middle.  Thanks, dear.

It isn't going to get any better by sitting at home eating chocolate, that's for sure.

Yesterday, I took measurements of my arms, legs, hips, bust and waist (both natural and lower- the poochy part).  I don't really care about weight, it's size that I am interested in.  I have been pinning lots of inspirational things- workouts, sayings, etc.  But now I need to get off my butt and do them.

T and I have been walking every day this week.  As the weather warms up here, it will be easier to get outside and do some fun things.  I have looked into getting a jogging stroller even though I hate running because that seems like a better plan to do with the boy than to hope he stays entertained on his own while I use the elliptical machine in our basement.  Unfortunately, I have a strict budget and haven't seen anything cheap enough to make me what to spend the money, especially since as I mentioned I don't even like running.  Our stroller is a Baby Jogger but they stated quite clearly that it isn't for actually jogging, lol.

I do feel a little concerned because I am still breastfeeding.  I think that the breastfeeding has been great in terms of helping me to lose that initial weight but I have heard from friends that the last 5-10 lbs is impossible to lose until you wean.  Which makes sense since your body needs a certain amount of fat stores to make milk.  My goal isn't to have really low body fat though.  I have never managed to maintain a restrictive eating pattern EVER.  I like to think that my body has a happy point (that is maybe a little heavier than I would like) that doesn't require too much effort to maintain.  As long as I am working out consistently, I can basically eat whatever I want (within reason, of course) and not worry.  Unfortunately, long sci-fi couch sessions with bags of chips tends to derail my efforts.

Well, today's plan includes laundry, grocery shopping, and exercise.  Although yesterday I picked up 4 new books from the library....  No!  Must stay strong!!! LOL!

Here's to everyone having a sparkly day!
Love,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment